- Mohamed bin Zayed (MBZ) Species Conservation Fund -- Grants in Support of Endangered and Critically Endangered Species - The Mohamed bin Zayed Species Conservation Fund makes grants to individuals, communities, and organizations for the conservation of animal, plant, and fungi species worldwide. The Fund has been established to provide targeted grants to individual species conservation initiatives, recognize leaders in the field and elevate the importance of species in the broader conservation debate. Its focus is global and eligibility for grants will extend to all plant, animal and fungi species conservation efforts, without discrimination on the basis of region or selected species. Grants are up to US$25 thousand. The next application deadline is June 30, 2014. More details available at http://www.speciesconservation.org/grants/ or mail to email@example.com
- Students’ Conference on Conservation Science (SCCS) – Bangalore 2014 - Abstract submission is now closed for the event. However, early bird registration closes on July 31, 2014. For more visit http://www.sccs-bng.org/ or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students’ Conference on Conservation Science (SCCS) – New York 2014 - Abstract submission for fifth annual SCCS NY is also closed. However, the registration closes on September 05, 2014. For more visit http://www.amnh.org/our-research/center-for-biodiversity-conservation/events-exhibitions/conferences-and-symposia/2014-sccs-ny.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) -- Capacity Enhancement Program 2014 The GBIF is the largest biodiversity database on the internet, and it aims to promote better decisions to conserve and sustainably use the planet's biological resources. GBIF will co-fund specific capacity needs identified by its participating countries and organizations for mentoring activities; regional training; advocacy actions; and documentation. Forty thousand Euros (40,000 EUR) have been assigned to the programme this year, following the budget allocation in the approved Work Programme 2014-2016. The maximum amount that a single project can be supported with is twenty thousand Euros (20,000 EUR). The types of action that are eligible for co-funding under this call are 1) mentoring activities, 2) regional training support, 3) GBIF advocacy actions and 4) documentation. Submission of proposals is a two stage process and the deadline for the submission of short concept notes is 26 May 2014. For more please visit http://www.gbif.org/newsroom/opportunities#ebbenielsen.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) -- Ebbe Nielsen Prize and Young Researchers Award 2014 - GBIF invites nominations for the 2014 Ebbe Nielsen Prize and Young Researchers Awards.
The Ebbe Nielsen Prize has been awarded annually to a person or team who demonstrates excellence in combining biodiversity informatics and biosystematics research. The €30,000 award is intended to allow the recipient(s) to engage in biosystematics/biodiversity informatics research outside his/her/their country of residence for a period of 3-6 months.
The Young Researchers Awards intend to foster innovative research and discovery in biodiversity informatics. Two awards of €4,000 will be available to graduate students in a master’s or doctoral programme at a university in a GBIF Voting Participant or Associate Participant country.
Nominations for the awards are due on 31 May 2014. More details available at http://www.gbif.org/newsroom/opportunities#ebbenielsen.
- PADI Foundation -- Grants for Marine Conservation 2015 - The PADI Foundation offers worldwide grants in underwater science, environmental projects, and marine education. In the past, applications have included many for projects in tropical regions. Most grants are US$5 thousand to US$10 thousand, although PADI will consider budgets up to US$20 thousand. There are no nationality restrictions. Applications will be accepted starting 01 November 2014 and no later than 01 February 2015. For more details visit http://www.padifoundation.org/index.htm.
- The 1st IASTED Asian Conference on Environment and Water Resource Management-November 24 – 26, 2014, Bangkok, Thailand - The International Association of Science and Technology for Development (IASTED) organizes AsiaEWRM 2014 which is an international forum for researchers and practitioners interested in environmental management and water resources. It is an opportunity to present and observe the latest research, results, and ideas in this field. AsiaEWRM 2014 aims to strengthen relationships between industry, research laboratories, and universities, to the benefit of all parties. Deadline for abstracts/proposals: 15th July 2014. For more visit http://iasted.org/conferences/home-822.html.
- Various positions of Project Scientist/ Associate/Fellow/ Assistant are available at National Centre for Sustainable Coastal Management - National Centre for Sustainable Coastal Management (NCSCM), Chennai is an autonomous research organization of the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India. The organization is looking for the various Project Staff on Contract basis. Candidate possessing the requisite qualification and experience may walk in with their resume along with supporting documents of qualification and experience on 23rd May 2014 at 11.00 A.M. Venue : National Centre for Sustainable Coastal Management [NCSCM], Koodal Building, Anna University Campus, Chennai 600 025. More details available at http://www.ncscm.org/careers.
- Volunteers needed for Vembanad Fish Count 2014 - The 7th edition of Vembanad Fish Count will be held at Alappuzha, Kerala on 29th and 30th May 2014. It is an annual survey undertaken by Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE) in collaborations with different institutes to study and evaluate the fishery resources of the lake and investigate current ecological trends. Interested people may contact Mr. Ashish Mathew George before May 25, 2014 at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.